2 points- take down, throw, sweep from guard or half guard and knee on belly position
3 points-passing guard into mount, cross side, north south position
4 points- Full mount, side mount, back mount or back grab
Positions must be held for 3 seconds
Some Changes in which we are allowing and Not following the IBJJF or other BJJ organizations are-
Knee Reap IS allowed in All divisions
Blue belts and Higher as well as Int and Adv no gi- May use toe holds, knee and elbow slicer and knee bars.
NOTE-Neck cranks, Heal hooks, twisting foot locks or knee are still disallowed in this event -REPEAT, NOT ALLOWED
Kids May use guiloteens, head and arm chokes as well as folding arm chokes or ezekiel
Below is detailed Rules
Kids up to age 15yrs old- gi and or no gi -Chokes, Ezekiel (no palm to neck or palm to throat, AKA rape choke)Shoulder locks(except Omoplata) straight Arm locks, Head and arm, guiloteens arm in or out,
16-17 yr olds and all Adult White belt & Beg NO gi-allowed submissions, arm locks, shoulder locks, chokes, Straight Ankle lock, Torso pressure choke
Adult Blue,Purple,Brown,Black and Int & Adv no gi-arm locks, shoulder locks, chokes, Straight Ankle lock, Torso pressure choke
OVERTIME-In the case tie, there will be a overtime in which the first person to score a point or submission will win. There are NO advantage points.
During overtime, pulling guard or sitting to guard is NOT allowed unless a throw, sweep or submission is attempted within 3 seconds. A competitor attempting to sit or pull guard without a throw, sweep or submission shall be stood back to the feet without grips and restarted. Two illegal guard pulls or sitting shall be disqualified. Using illegal submissions or positions will result in disqualification. Submission Positions out of bounds will be brought back in the ring and restarted in the same position. 1st to score or a submission wins-
There is a 3 min time limit for adults and 2 min for kids. If no score in Overtime the Referee will choose a winner by aggressiveness in the overtime match
ALL fighters apply-Illegal moves and you will be disqualified during the match at any time are:
A)Using a submission that is not allowed per your belt or experience division.
B)Heel hook or twisting foot lock, Neck crank front or side
C)slamming your opponent to escape a position or submission
D)Fleeing the ring to escape a position or submission
E)Biting, Pinching, grabbing a finger or toe, attacking the eyes, fish hooking,cursing, mocking your opponent and any other bad sportsmanship during, after or in between matches.
(F)No Palm to front of throat or sides of throat, AKA Rape choke
Your coach may also get the competitor disqualified by yelling at the referee or trying to interfere in the match at anytime or by acting with bad sportsmanship at any time.
F)Coaches must sit in the coach chair(one person per ring per competitor) A coach who keeps standing or getting out of their chair during the match shall be disqualified from the match and must leave the coach area.
G)Interfering with ring staff shall not be allowed and may result in disqualification.
Kids/Teens- will be matched as close to weight and experience as possible, we do reserve the right to combine divisions to allow competition. 16-17 yr olds may use a straight ankle lock.
Kids up too 15 yrs -3 Mins
Teens-16-17 yrs- 4 Mins
White belt & Beg-5 Mins
Blue belt & Int-6 Mins
Purple-Black and Adv-7 Mins
COMPETITION RULES FOR WEAPONS, FORMS AND POINT SPARRING
FORMS / WEAPONS
1. ALL COMPETITORS WILL BE JUDGED FROM 9.90 TO 10 WITH 9.95 BEING AN AVERAGE SCORE.
(THIS GIVES 10 SPOTS TO JUDGE WITH, SO ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND YOUR THREE TOP SPOTS.)
2. IN CASE OF A TIE, EXCEPT FOR WEAPONS, BLACK BELTS MAY PERFORM A DIFFERENT FORM. UNDER BELTS CAN REPEAT
THE SAME FORM. IF A TIE OCCURS THE SECOND TIME, YOU MAY THROW IN THE HIGH AND LOW SCORE WHEN YOU HAVE
FIVE JUDGES. THIRD TIE, JUDGES SHOULD POINT TO DETERMINE THE WINNER.
3. IF A COMPETITOR FORGETS HIS/HER FORM, HE/SHE SHOULD BE PENALIZED 1/2 POINT FOR LACK OF CONCENTRATION.
THIS WILL BE DEDUCTED BY THE SCORE KEEPER FROM THE TOTAL SCORE.
4. IF A COMPETITOR DROPS HIS OR HER WEAPON, THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED. PLEASE ALLOW ANY CHILD TO
REDO THEIR WEAPON FORM IF THEY DROP THE WEAPON, BUT THEY MUST BE SCORED WITH 9.00.
1. ALL MATCHES ARE 2 MINUTES OR 1ST TO 5 POINTS
2. POINT VALUES ARE: (KICK = 2 POINTS) (PUNCH = 1 POINT)
3. THE TARGET AREAS ARE HEAD, FACE, CENTER OF CHEST, ABDOMEN, RIBS, AND KIDNEYS.
4. NO OPEN HAND ATTACKS TO FACE, JOINT ATTACKS, OR ATTACKS BELOW THE BELT.
5. SWEEPS OR GRABS MUST BE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED UP WITH AN ATTEMPT TO SCORE. YOU CAN SWEEP THE FRONT
6. A COMPETITOR MUST HAVE BOTH FEET IN BOUNDS TO SCORE. IF A COMPETITOR HAS ONE FOOT OUT, HE/SHE CANNOT
SCORE; HOWEVER, HE/SHE CAN BE SCORED UPON.
7. IN UNDER BELT COMPETITION, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO MAKE CONTACT TO THE FACE OR HEAD TO SCORE, BUT LIGHT
CONTACT IS ALLOWED.
8. BLACK BELTS MUST MAKE LIGHT CONTACT TO SCORE.
9. THERE WILL NOT BE ANY CONFERENCES BETWEEN JUDGES. AT THE COMMAND OF "JUDGES CALL," JUDGES WILL VOTE
EITHER POINT, NO POINT, NO SEE, PENALTY POINT, OR DISQUALIFICATION. THE “NO SEE” RULE IS NOT IN EFFECT.
1. INSTRUCTORS CAN JUDGE THEIR OWN STUDENT.
2. ANY PROTEST WILL BE MADE TO THE ARBITRATORS OR TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR. ONLY RULE VIOLATIONS WILL BE
3. ANY DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR BY THE INSTRUCTOR OR COMPETITOR WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION.
4. SPARRING EQUIPMENT IS MANDATORY; HEADGEAR, HAND PADS, FOOT PADS, MOUTHPIECE, AND GROIN CUP FOR BOYS & MEN
CONTINUOUS FIGHTING YOUTH / ADULTS
1. THIS IS CONTINUOUS POINT / KICKBOXING STYLE SPARRING WITH LIGHT TO MODERATE CONTACT ONLY.
2. ALL KICKS AND PUNCHES MUST BE ABOVE THE BELT. (NO LEG KICKS)
3. FIGHTERS MAY SCORE WITH KARATE STYLE AND KICKBOXING STYLE TECHNIQUES.
4. EACH TEEN MATCH WILL CONSIST OF ONE TWO MINUTE ROUND.
5. EACH ADULT MATCH WILL CONSIST OF ONE THREE MINUTE ROUND.
6. ALL REFEREES WILL POINT TO THE FIGHTER THEY FELT SCORED THE MOST POINTS AT THE END OF THE MATCH.
7. ALL FIGHTERS MUST THROW 10 LEGITIMATE KICK ATTEMPTS PER MATCH, OR THE FIGHTER WILL FORFEIT THE MATCH.
8. CORNER REFEREES WILL HOLD UP A FLAG OR A HAND WHEN A FIGHTER MEETS THE MINIMUM KICK REQUIREMENTS.
9. CENTER REFEREES WILL CONTROL THE TEMPO OF THE MATCHES, AND MAKE SURE BOTH FIGHTERS STAY UNDER CONTROL.
10. WARNINGS: EXCESSIVE CONTACT, LEG KICKS, KNEES, ELBOWS, SWEEPS, RUNNING OUT OF RING, LOW BLOWS, OR DISRESPECT.
11. FIGHTERS WILL GET ONE WARNING PER MATCH FOR ANY RULES INFRACTION.
*** DISQUALIFICATION WILL OCCUR AFTER THE SECOND WARNING.
12. APPROVED GLOVES WILL BE PROVIDED FOR EACH MATCH, AND EVERYONE WILL USE OUR GLOVES.
13. HEADGEAR, MOUTHPIECE, FOOTPADS, CUP/SUPPORTER REQUIRED. FACE SHIELDS ARE ALLOWED BUT NOT RECOMMENDED.
14. ALL FIGHTERS MAY WEAR A KARATE UNIFORM, T-SHIRT OR RASH GUARD WITH SLEEVES, GI BOTTOMS OR FIGHT SHORTS.
15. IN THE EVENT OF A TIE, FIGHTERS WILL FIGHT ONE ADDITIONAL ONE MINUTE ROUND TO DETERMINE THE WINNER.
16. IF A FIGHTER GETS INJURED FROM A LEGAL BLOW, THE FIGHTER WILL HAVE ONE MINUTE TO RECOVER.
17. A FIGHTER CANNOT STALL THE FIGHT DUE TO LACK OF CONDITIONING. STALLING COULD LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
18. IF A FIGHTER IS BLEEDING, THE EMT ALONG WITH THE CENTER REFEREE WILL DECIDE IF THE FIGHTER CAN CONTINUE.
19. IF A FIGHTER IS DEEMED KNOCKED OUT, THE FIGHTER MAY NOT CONTINUE. NO EXCEPTIONS!
20. ANY KNOCK OUT WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION, NO EXCEPTIONS!
THIS IS CONTINUOUS POINT / KICKBOXING SPARRING, NOT FULL CONTACT FIGHTING!
DUE TO THE NATURE OF CONTINUOUS FIGHTING, THE CENTER REFEREE WILL BE GRANTED THE FLEXIBILITY TO MAKE
DECISIONS NOT NECESSARILY COVERED OR ANTICIPATED IN THE RULES. THIS FLEXIBILITY WILL BE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE
OF FAIRNESS TO THE COMPETITOR AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THEIR SAFETY.